Please note that the NZHGPA issues instructor certificates and administers the training standards but does not endorse any particular business listed here.
The NZHGPA has 3 solo pilot ratings:
- PG1 is a student pilot rating that allows student pilots to fly at PG1 and PG2 rated flying sites under the supervision of an instructor.
- PG2 allows pilots to fly at PG1 and PG2 rated sites unsupervised and PG3 rated sites under the supervision of a PG3 rated pilot.
- PG3 is an advanced solo rating required to become an instructor or tandem paraglider pilot.
- be a bona fide member of a hang gliding organisation; and
- hold an appropriate hang glider pilot certificate; and
- comply with the privileges and limitations of their certificate and any applicable ratings; and
- comply with the operational standards and procedures of the hang gliding organisation.
More information about paragliding can be found on Wikipedia.