2016/17 Season - regional and overseas paragliding comps
2. Craigieburn Regional Comp (22-24th October 2016)
3. Auckland Regional Comp (3rd/4th December 2016)
4. Southern Regional Comp 27/28/29 December 2016
(30th December is a weather day)
Contact Tim Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org
5. St Arnaud Regional Comp (11-13 February 2016)
(Reserve dates for the following weekend)
If you want to organise a Regional Comp, or declare an overseas event as an NZ Overseas Comp then please get in touch with the PCC using email@example.com
You only need to give 4.5 days notice to hold a Regional Comp and you only need a minimum of 6 pilots!
COMPETITIONS ARE A GREAT WAY TO INCREASE YOUR THERMALLING SKILLS,
MEET OTHER PILOTS & HAVE A GREAT FEW DAYS FLYING!
- Reserve Parachute & Harness Back protection compulsory
- Minimum PG2 rating.
- 3D track logs from a GPS is required for flight verification. If in doubt contact the comp director for confirmation.
- Radios are required by all pilots. UHF 40 channel (PRS) handhelds will be used for the official competition frequencies
Regional Competitions that came and went...
Auckland Regional Comp (28th Feb/1st March 2015)
Corryong (15th - 21st February 2015)
The Australian Corryong Competition was declared an NZ Overseas Comp - but the minimum number of pilots (6) was not been reached.
Scores are here: http://highcloud.net/xc/comp_result.php?comPk=146
Southern Regional Comp 13&14th December 2014
This comp was a success, with two valid tasks, and was won by Grant Middendorf, as usual.